Describe the section
Use case 1 - Building a learning community around digital practices within agricultural education schools
With this project that will start in September 2019 in France, we show how opening recognition can help to foster collaboration and sharing of digital practices in the education field, between teachers, trainers and learners. We give examples of how informal recognition is empowering the members and how they can get recognition from outside their community.
- Follow Fabien who is to going to build his personal recognition space
- Follow Sophie who wants to develop her skills on GIS
- Follow Christophe who wants to show his commitment to a project
- Follow Anthony, who claims the same open badges as his apprentices
- Follow Philippe, he created his own badge to claim a skill
- Follow Michèle, looking for testimonies on digital practices
- Follow Antoine whose illustrator talent was discovered by his headmaster
Use case 2 - Open badges uses in a FabLab
Follow Melanie, she teaches permaculture in her school
Melanie is passionate about permaculture. She is aware of the agro-ecological transition. She runs a club in her high school with great success. Her comrades who come to help her maintain a vegetable garden learn a lot, but nothing is planned to value what they learn.
She meets a member of “Farms for the Future”, an association that issues Open Badges to their members who follow a training course from farm to farm to develop technical skills in agriculture.
After talking to each other, they decided to create a permaculture initiation badge system for Melanie to use in her high school. The badges are endorsed (approved) by “Fermes d’avenir” association so they can be valued later in the association.
Wow, that’s cool. Melanie has created a link between her high school and farmers thanks to Open badges !