Describe the section
Use case 1 - Building a learning community around digital practices within agricultural education schools
With this project that will start in September 2019 in France, we show how opening recognition can help to foster collaboration and sharing of digital practices in the education field, between teachers, trainers and learners. We give examples of how informal recognition is empowering the members and how they can get recognition from outside their community.
- Follow Fabien who is to going to build his personal recognition space
- Follow Sophie who wants to develop her skills on GIS
- Follow Christophe who wants to show his commitment to a project
- Follow Anthony, who claims the same open badges as his apprentices
- Follow Philippe, he created his own badge to claim a skill
- Follow Michèle, looking for testimonies on digital practices
- Follow Antoine whose illustrator talent was discovered by his headmaster
Use case 2 - Open badges uses in a FabLab
Thanks to Open badges, a set of data is collected and can serve, in accordance of anonymity and private data, to a better testimony of the value produced by a structure or an equipment. Thanks to the geolocation function of the badges, it is a whole learning territory that can be revealed, but also a measure of the impact of training and orientation activities.
These categories are not exclusive, as the same badge can be used for different purposes. Moreover, a badge is never working alone and it’s a whole ecosystem of badges that can be represented through this mapping attempt.