What should Caroline consider?
What's the objective?
- Improve trust towards institution and speed up recognition processes
Who will have access?
- Who is going to read this accreditation? What will the reader look for?
- Make it easy for the reader to understand who recognises who and to identify issuer and recipient in a trustable way.
- It should be easy to find issuing and receiving organisations on the web and in real life and cross-check data.
- Use an open standard, that readers can read and verify in a platform of their choice. In relevant cases, a one-click verification climbing the whole recognition chain might also be appreciated.
Who will be able to claim recognition?
- How should an entity recognise another entity?
- It will always be a person operating for an organisation: should this person appear explicitly or not?
- Should an authorized operator be identified?
- Should this recognition have an expiration time?
What will be recognised?
- Should proof of recognition be stored in a single place or distributed?
- For an extra level of security, recognition pieces with particular value, such as those pertaining to official accreditation, might be stored on a distributed ledger for permanent verification.