What's the objective?
To find a part-time job that would allow him to study and plan his studies, Rachid would like to have his prior experience and learning recognised. As he left his country without a record of his studies and work experience, he is looking for a means to be recognised.
Who will have access?
The recognition obtained by Rachid will be communicated to potential employers (for the part-time job) and to study/career counselors..
Who will be able to claim recognition?
- Learner. Claiming skills from the self assessment tool (Skills Profile Tool) can help gaining confidence for the learner.
- Mentors and peer learners. Identify and unlock claimed skills through work-learn experiences and training opportunities at the Council for Refugees and the Public Employment Service from the local government.
What will be recognised?
- What credentials, evidence and endorsements do you have?
- Many things can prove your achievements. Think outside the box!
- The soft skills most migrants have like adaptability and problem solving are increasingly important to employers.